Thread: Chiefs NFL trade watch
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 04:04 PM   #378
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Probably not. But I'd let them see what kind of pick swap and/or later round return they'd be willing to throw in to change their mind.

Do we have a 4 this year? I think so - would I give our 2nd and 4th for Peterson and their 3rd? Yeah. It's likely to be a pretty high 3rd so there's some value there. The value in swapping a late 4th for an early 3rd is essentially the cost of a late 3rd so would I give up a late 2 for Peterson and a late 3?

Yeah. But really, I'm not sure they've gained anything there. That jump from the late 4th into the early 3rd is pretty substantial - they might be better served keeping their own 3rd and taking ours rather than taking our 2nd and moving down into the 4th.

If they countered with a pick swap in the 3rd I'd probably be out there since I have no way of knowing just how badly they'll suck. But again, I wouldn't slam the door - there'd be some room to operate.
It just makes a lot of sense, trading for him that is for this current Chiefs squad.

They need some help out there, he's at the back end of being a legit guy and he needs outta there.

What did we get for Tony? A 2nd?

That's probably what I'd reluctantly do, especially if they'd kick back something.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.