View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 06:46 AM   #262
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I am not a DBA but I play one in my job and I was always told by actual DBA's is that you have to make sure that you have enough RAM plus some for growth so that all DB's sizes are less than what you have in RAM. I think you said this server holds multiple db's so that would be my first place to look.

Second SSD's for data would make a huge difference but the transaction logs need to be on a separate drive and you should probably keep that on your typical hdd because of the sequential read\write's that happen with trans logs.

A properly configured SQL server has separate drives (non OS) for data, one for logs, and possibly one for tempdb.
You and limested with your fancy pants, modern solutions. This is ChiefsPlanet!

We cut it off, then cauterize, then use 100 proof Old Crow Whisky as an analgesic, finalized by beratement towards the victim for missing an appendage and smelling funny until he finally passes out and dies.

You're not new here dirk! No excuse!
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.