View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #23975
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Correction: VEGAS started figuring the Chiefs out.
Well, yeah, that was the joke. Perhaps my sarcasm was lost in translation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A broadcaster using the spread as an indication of how teams adjusted to their opponent is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen (and I'm disappointed I simply didn't hear him do it when I watched the video).

It shows a fundamental misunderstanding as to how Vegas sets their odds. It is EXCLUSIVELY about where the money is going. And yes, when Patrick Mahomes was the NFL's new darling, money started flowing heavily towards KC so Vegas kept pushing the odds further and further to make it easier for them to make money off the Chiefs, knowing that the betting public was still going to throw money at the new hotness.

I mean how much ****ing dumber a 'point' can you make than that? You might as well blame the Chiefs for the weather. "Well as the season progressed it got colder in Kansas City, that was clearly because Mahomes was simply not as hot and it created a weather pattern over Arrowhead..."

Goddamn idiot.
I don't recall a broadcaster ever using the spread as any indication of anything, much less other teams figuring out a QB (who was still putting up 36ppg). I found it equally appalling and amusing.
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.