View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #23956
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
"It's impossible for his numbers to go up."

Guy, and his argument, has down syndrome.
I do think his INTs will go up a little.

But the whole 'He had 10 dropped picks' thing is just such horseshit. Everyone gets dropped picks. Yeah, he got a little bit lucky on those but just plain ol' luck yields maybe 5 more picks. And yeah, 17 interceptions is probably a bit more than you'd like to see.

But let's also remember that 3 of his interceptions were just 'no ****s given' heaves. They were glorified arm punts. They didn't really matter but you're gonna see that with a guy who has his arm because even if it gets picked, who gives a rip? He's one of a select few guys who can flip the field on an interception even better than a punter could.

I think we're probably looking at 14-16 interceptions this year. He'll see a slight uptick. But I think the idea that we should just concede that the rest of his numbers will regress significantly is silly.

There is just so little in the way of historical analogues here. I mean FFS, citing Kaepernick makes no sense. In Kaepernick's breakout 3rd year he had a nice season where he didn't make the Pro Bowl, he didn't win the MVP, he was never a Player of the Week, he was wasn't among the league leaders in any major offensive categories and in several he was downright poor.

Anyone calling Colin Kaepernick a superstar at that time was just DUMB.

Meanwhile Mahomes in his 2nd year in the league, 2 years younger than Kaepernick, was an All-Pro, an MVP, a 2 time player of the week and won a player of the month and either led the league or came in 2nd in every major offensive category. This isn't any kind of sensible comparison and saying "Well people thought Kaepernick would be great!!!" is an indictment of those !@#$ing morons.

There is ONE historical analogue for Patrick Mahomes. One and one only. It's Dan Marino. And even Marino didn't win the MVP in his first year as a starter like Mahomes did. If you're looking for that, you have Kurt Warner I can't think of anyone else.

Dan Marino and Kurt Warner isn't bad company to keep, Mr. Parker. But your argument turns to ash if you have to go with "Well yeah, but what happens if all he becomes is Dan Marino or Kurt Warner?"

The kid's not normal so trying to view him in light of what is 'inevitable' is just stupid.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.