Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #313
Supporter

M unfamiliar with the newsprint method.

I went down tonight and dug through the box and couldn't find a queen. Doesn't mean there wasn't one but I didn't see her and they were cleaning the old shitty comb I had put in their box. I dug into another strong hive and dug out a frame with some capped brood and some visible larvae. It was getting too late and the bees were getting pissy so I only added that single frame. Still not sure there is a hive that will be sound to survive a winter.

On the bright side, I opened some other to check and they made honey this week. I'll have 10-15 frames of comb honey. Maybe I'll have time tomorrow night to harvest some of that.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.