View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #23634
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I feel a little bit bad for EVERY team that doesn't have Patrick Mahomes.

Again, we traded up from 28 to get him. So literally every team in football could've moved up and made that deal. And we're the team that did.

So yeah, sucks to be the team that traded away that pick, but they at least got Allen for their troubles who might be a decent QB when all is said and done. Meanwhile there are teams out there trying to win football games w/ Derrick Carr and Eli Manning.

I do feel like QB play has taken a quantum leap forward over the last 5 years or so. Just about every team out there has either a solid player or a decent young prospect under center or waiting in the wings.

Look at the worst QB in each division:

AFCE -- Fitzpatrick (with Rosen as a fallback).
AFCN -- Dalton (maybe Jackson but he's unique)
AFCS -- Foles or maybe even Mariota
AFCW -- Flacco

NFCE -- Manning (Jones in the wings)
NFCN -- Trubisky
NFCS -- Winston
NFCE -- Garoppollo (I think Murray will outperform him)

Is the Broncos situation the worst QB situation in the league? Maybe TB because their lack of a plan B and his pending FA? Maybe Miami given Rosen's issues in AZ and the age/ceiling of Fitz.

And those situations, while not good, are quite a bit better than the days of Cassel, Gabbert, Christian Ponder, John Skelton, Tim Tebow disasters of just 6-7 years ago.
Garoppollo is getting some darkhorse MVP talk this offseason. I don't really get it. I like him ok, but MVP? Nah.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.