Thread: Science Unique Military Weapons
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #4
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
Favorite= A-4M Scooter. Hottest= F/A-18 V tail bandit
Most fun=AH-1 Whiskey. most unique= AV-8B Jump jet followed by MV-22 Protor.
I worked a lot of operational testing and then got senior enough where I joyrided a lot of other folks stuff. All Navy/Marine stuff prior to the F/A-35. Old guy stuff mainly.
Subjective of course.
A-4M Skyhawk - single engine Pratt & Whitney, delta wing first flew in 1954. Nuclear capable at low altitude using a “loft” technique. Combat action in Vietnam, Yom Kippur war and the Falklands... still being used by Argentina, lol

F/A-18 - one stop shop for all things death from above, highly capable air to air and air to ground. Twin engines with legendary durability to withstand brutal carrier takeoffs and landings. First flight in 1995. Many changes over the years such as switch from oval intakes on Hornet, to rectangular on the Super Hornet... proven stud in countless actions

AH-1 Cobra - twin engine attack chopper, the first of its kind iirc. First flight in 69’. Too much action to list, a true legend and if I had to guess it’s the Apaches daddy... does the pilot/s sit in anything like the titanium “bathtub” as Apache crews for survivability?

Osprey - is this thing the death trap it’s made out to be or what, just how stable is that thing, really?
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.