View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #24
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
This! I don't remember Houston not sealing his edge being an issue, but he was pushed to the outside very often, opening huge running lanes inside. Even his pass rushing was off. Maybe he just finally had enough of Sutton and decided to play when he felt like it.

I think having the intensity of a Frank Clark and getting rid of Houston's "only play hard on some downs" attitude will be huge in the run game.

Not having Berry lingering around on the sideline scratching notes on a candy wrapper should help moral too. Bottom line- we got rid of two high paid, nonimpact guys in Berry and Houston and replaced them with high-intensity vocal leaders that play hard every down. This in itself, should help change the culture of the defense where last year it was oklay to dog it when you wanted too and nobody would say anything.
For some reason I hadn't thought about it in those terms before, but you're right. The Chiefs directly replaced Houston and Berry with their two biggest investments of Clark and Mathieu. That says a lot.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote