Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 09:46 PM   #301
Supporter

As mentioned above, one of the colonies I obtained in a cutout did t have a queen.

I was driving on business and found myself 20 miles from a large producer (3500hives) that sell online. I decided to stop and buy a queen for my that hive. I chose to become saskatraz *fist bump* brothers with red. I bought a saskatraz queen. They are supposed to be fast starters in the spring, good honey producers, decent temperament, winter well and are mite resistant. I suited up a couple of my kids and took them down to help me with the install. Weather and bees were sketchy but they figured out she was there pretty quick. Hopefully they chew out the candy plug and she gets to work.

I relocated the swarm I captured to my brothers farm for a few days and will probably bring it home Friday. Glad to have that one to replace my dying, shitty colony.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0662.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	118408  
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote