View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 02:56 PM   #2250
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus View Post
My son has been working with NASA in Goddard, Maryland and is currently on a program to replace the Hubble Telescope. He mentioned last week that it's so overbudget it might get scrapped that NASA has a bunch of programs running right now and the President is allocating more money to NASA than the past regime.

I personally, would like to see another manned mission to the moon 50 years on. if they're serious about Mars, they gotta re-do the runs the to moon, at least.
Oohh...is he working on the JWST? That's super cool if so (and still super cool if it's something different). It is indeed way over budget, but I can't imagine it being totally scrapped. Hubble has arguably been the most fruitful scientific instrument ever created in terms of expanding our knowledge of the universe, and we need a replacement for it sooner than later.

As for moon missions, they're definitely coming. I'm still a little skeptical that NASA will get there with SLS, but there are enough entities working on it these days that someone will get there in the next 5-10 years.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.