View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 04:53 PM   #1171
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
Welcome to our judeo-christian, overly paternalistic, morality-based laws which has all sorts of oddities to it.

Remember that it was about 50 years ago that the Supreme Court had to rule that people had a constitutional right to buy a ****ing condom (or other birth control methods).

And not in some archconservative state either. In freaking Connecticut!
Yeah, but even so, it's illegal in most places in the world, right? A lot of places independently (or because of colonization) have banned it over the centuries, so there must be a broad justification for it. Maybe it kept little bas***d children from running around unsupervised or prevented syphilis plagues, or maybe it was just because men typically owned women or something. And yet the rich and powerful have had concubines all over the world, so I don't even know how to interpret that.

The other thing I don't understand is that women who are pro abortion should logically be pro-prostitution, right? Her body, her decision. But that doesn't seem to be the case. So maybe those women equate prostitution with vulnerability and trafficking, which in theory are totally different issues. But in practice maybe they aren't.

I dunno. It just seems stupid to me that prostitution is illegal when sex isn't. There's a lot of history that disagrees with me, which makes me wonder if I'm oversimplifying it. But even if I respect the wisdom of history, I can't tell if those historic justifications have merit in the modern world.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.