View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #2864
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah. A lot of tractors run a lot of hours. It is very much a timing and labor issue.

It's not an insurance problem, we don't carry any collision insurance on tractors at the moment. It's a liability problem, which could be insured against.

Think about it this way. Somebody convinces a court that there is a manufacturer default that caused the wreck. Insurance company says, welp, I'm out. Then it isn't an accident, they're going after the evil corporate empire, and the'll try to find a class action. Because that's what lawyers do.
In the end I think this will need some regulation. I imagine drones will be the same. The car companies have risked lives before to save money on recalls when they knew there was an issue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.6e1f6b2f20ee

If it improves productivity and corporate profits, I feel confident the gov will make it work. I guess we'll see. Wouldn't invest in Uber rn though. I think Uber freight is interesting but it's a tiny part of revenue and Amazon is doing it too.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.