View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #2860
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I feel like a broken record, but my understanding of the liability rules are that if there is liability to be assessed it goes to the driver. No driver would indicate that it would fall to the manufacturer, because the machine is then responsible for collision avoidance.
I'm not sure on tractors. Do people tractor all day/everyday? There is also scale. If you have 10 tractor drivers you can get rid by automating, your insurance is going to be really costly versus a company with 500k drivers.

I think a key difference is Uber/Lyft already provide collision, liability, 3rd party insurance, under or uninsured motorist coverage to it's human drivers. It's really just a matter of the math working out via human labor costs vs autonomy costs and any delta in insurance payments. Uber is trying to create their own autonomy platform. They could buy a ford install it and then they'd be responsible. I don't think that's how it'll work but there will be several models. I also think it's a long way off outside of niche things.

Lyft has a few Google/Waymo cars out on the road in Phoenix now
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.