Thread: Chiefs Frank Clark to KC!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 02:56 PM   #822
Veteran

I don't quite understand the crowd who is complaining about the money unless you are saying Frank Clark isn't worth the contract. The most important thing about the contract is how it is structured. As long as we have flexibility when Mahomes is due for his second contract then in my opinion we'll be fine. Our team makeup will be drastically different when we have to pay Mahomes.

I think it is fair to be critical of the trade itself; there is going to be a crowd who believes that the best way to build the team is through the draft. Building through the draft is a valid strategy but I think the right move is acquiring Clark. This team is so close to a Super Bowl, getting a player that has proven he can be an elite defender at the NFL level as opposed to drafting and hoping a rookie can come in and be an enormous difference maker on the defensive line.

Imagine going into next season with Okafor, Ogbah, Speaks + insert rookie defensive end here? You're counting on 1 or 2 of those guys to play way above their heads. We have two more seasons of Pat on his rookie contract- I think now is the time to be aggressive.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.