Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #243
Is that FreedomRock?Turnit UP!

Springtime

I'm liking the start of this season much more than last year!
I think the cold winter we had helped conserve their food stores and I didn't have to do any emergency feeding like I did last year.

I'm gonna go ahead and say at this stage, all 3 of my hives have overwintered successfully. 100% survival for the first time!! Maybe, just maybe, I finally did something right.

I've given all 3 some Super DFM to help give them a boost. They really seem to like it, they eat it right away after I sprinkle it on the tops of the frames.

I've made a 4 chamber queen castle (just a reg deep divided into 4 separate chambers), and I hope to be doing some splits with queen cells fairly soon. No queen cells yet, though.

I've got a package of Saskatraz bees coming, and it'll be interesting to compare the different behaviors between species. I've only worked Italians until now.

I hope everybody's hives survived, and may your nectar flow be long, sweet, and voluminous!

Last edited by redfan; 04-21-2019 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: Super DFM, not Pro DFM
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote