View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #1480
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Explain hit/miss? have you owned camp chef products? I own a lot of their products especially camping gear. The quality in my opinion is above their price point.

My gripe with pellet smokers is I am not sold on the flavor of the smoke. I think it boils down to extruding sawdust in to pellets and pucks. I have tried many kinds but now just stick with Pit Boss competition blend. I like the convenience especially grilling chicken and pork chops. But long smokes I prefer upright box smokers, Offset fuel hogs and my WSM which is simple and works in my opinion hard to beat.
Probes are really hit or miss. CS is good about sending a replacement, but a co-worker of mine finally gave up after 3 and returned his. His happened to be a woodwind.

I have a SmokePro and it eats through pellets like ****ing crazy compared to my other pellet grill. Actually thinking about cleaning it up and selling the dang thing.

Some people are happy with them. Really just depends I guess, but there are other brands with more consistent quality.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.