View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 08:22 AM   #9
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
It can't be understated. Somebody said yesterday they weren't actually the 31st ranked D because they had so many attempts against them. That person was partially right. But I had no idea until I looked just how bad it actually was.

The Chiefs were 31st in yards. Useless stat.
They were 24th in points against. Definitely not 31st.
They were 32nd in pass attempts and 31st in pass yards. This was that person's point. They gave up a ton of yards because they gave up a ton of attempts.

But here's where things go south.

They were 17th in rushing attempts but 27th in yards. Obviously, that's a quality issue rather than a quantity issue. And their poor run defense REALLY shows in the following:

They were 30th in average time of drive, 32nd in plays per drive, 31st in yards per drive, and 28th in points per drive.

In summary, the defense simply couldn't get off the field. Part of the reason they gave up so many yards is because they faced so many attempts. That is true. However, it is not completely true they faced so many attempts because of the offense. They faced so many attempts because they couldn't get off the field.
All I can add to this is that having a stable defense makes "scoring too quickly" a moot point.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.