View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 03:50 PM   #45
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Do we have Derwin James?

I could play strong safety alongside Derwin James.

Addae is a nice player, but he gets graded on a curve when the Chargers have a guy like James that can play single high OR get down in the box. He's what Berry was for the 7 or 8 games that Berry played over the course of his career where he was completely healthy.

And Berry covered for a lot of issues on the other side of him.

I just don't think your best safety can be a box safety type. That's what the Giants try to in building their secondary around Collins and I just don't think it works all that well for them. An elite rangy safety can do a lot to make up for the shortcomings of a very good box safety but I don't think there's nearly as strong an inverse relationship there. I don't think that knife cuts both ways.
They had Philips back there too, who I wouldn't be opposed to the Chiefs taking a look at.

Yeah, having that "HOF" type safety back there makes a big difference.

Which is why the Chiefs are about to sign Earl Thomas in a few weeks.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.