View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 03:50 PM   #44
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Sure, but there's a lot of 'if' there.

It would be like taking a road grader of a guard with that pick.

Sure, 5 years ago you take a solid starting guard who's excellent in the running game but has limitations in space with a 2nd and consider it a win if he's a solid every down player for 4 years.

But now I think the priorities are reversed there and if you're gonna lean on a single strength, it can't be the ground game in the 2nd round.

You just have to be a lot more comfortable with his range than I am there. To my eyes, the guy you're describing that I'd be annoyed about in real time but likely ultimately accepting of would be Hooker.

If he turns into a 'solid player' he'll be a solid coverage safety with some deficiencies in the box. Okay, it's not perfect but with a late 2nd it's good enough.
Hooker is a pretty good tackler, just not as tough at the point of attack as some of the other box guys. On the other hand, he can play just about anywhere in the defensive backfield in pass coverage and that versatility elevates him for me.

I want range in my safeties. That's why I want Adderley. After that, I'm not seeing much that really satisfies that. There's a lot of bigger hitters in this draft but not a lot of quality coverage guys, IMO.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.