View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 02:56 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Houston’s annual contract average is just over $16.8 million, but his cap number is over $21 million for this season. Joel Segal is probably confident he can get Houston a 2-3 year deal at $17 million plus instead of restructuring with KC. The Chiefs will inevitably eat some dead money but Houston’s cut savings are the most realistic for freeing up money for this FA period. If Berry is cut post June 1st, his cap savings can be rolled and used to offset extensions for the likes of Hill/Jones.

Ford on the tag is not the worst thing for KC. No long term commitment, and he has to play well again to get a long term deal. He gets a one year trial in the 4-3, and I anticipate the Chiefs to add depth to the pass rush either in the draft or FA to hedge against Ford moving into 2020.
I think this is probably the way it goes down. Houston doesn't REALLY fit schematically at his price point; and if it's true he's not restructuring, then I think there's no way he comes back.

Ford on the tag makes sense, pair it with a DE/Edge early in the draft, and you're in decent shape at DE. Speaks I think is a fine LDE, he's built for it and has a year's experience. Kpass is a wildcard but may surprise.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.