View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 02:15 PM   #982
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Completely agree with #2.

How often did we see Sutton talking to/coaching up players on the sideline? Spagnuolo builds relationships and that is why a majority of his players go to the wall for him.
I couldn't BELIEVE what Houston said about Sutton when he was trying to compliment him on a play call. When you start adding up 1000 little things like that, it's no wonder this defense was so completely lost and with no identity whatsoever.

If I were a D-Coord, I would look at the Chiefs and Arrowhead in particular as the creme de la' creme of NFL defensive coaching gigs. If you can put together and coach up an effective unit, you are going to have a LOT of success here defensively. The symbiosis between a killer defense and the home stadium is a living, breathing entity that no other franchise in the NFL can match when all of the elements are perfectly aligned.
That's why I got so pissed when I would read people posting nonsense about "defense not being that important" in todays high numbers passing game. And people thinking that Mahomes was going to successfully TD pass eleventy billion times to a Super Bowl victory this season. And in the end, what did it all come down to in regulation? A sloppy, undisciplined defense with no properly channeled aggression and no identity that couldn't get a stop on a fading, 4th quarter Tom Brady. Marty's WORST unit would have iced that game.

So we've made the change and we may struggle a bit with the scheme change initially. But in the end, we're going to be a hell of a lot better than we may think right now.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.