View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #747
Herm is the worst...horrible

I feel all this angst or excitement over one candidate over the other for DC is mostly irrelevant when it comes to the desire for a particular scheme or particular level of creativity of fresh ideas. While I admit scheme and ability to be creative and disguise coverages and such needs an improvement over Sutton...in my mind...the most important aspect of a new DC is their ability to address four things:

1. Ability to teach/develop player with untapped potential and "coach-up" players that are willing to work hard and desire to play above their talent-level.
2. Discipline & Accountability - no toleration of unforced errors and not knowing your job (See Dee Ford - lack of discipline cost us the game).
3. Tackling - It's so bad around the NFL, if you even do this marginally better than everyone else, your defensive rankings will rise dramatically.
4. Adjustments in-game - THE MOST FRUSTRATING aspect of Sutton.

I don't think you need the next best, creative guy to accomplish these things. Although I'd love to have both. Point being...whether it's an exciting hire or boring hire, if you fix even 3 of the 4 issues above, we're all going to really like the results. If you change scheme and get crazy-creative and address none of the above-4 issues, I'm fairly certain we won't like the results.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0