View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 09:30 PM   #705
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Rex Ryan was a very heavy user of dime as well.
The biggest red flag from any DC candidate should be "I run x". **** that. You use what works best for the players you have against the teams you face. It's not like the Baltimore guys were shat from the womb thinking "I believe in an amoeba defense." Similarly, the Chargers shouldn't think to themselves, "We should run a quarter defense every week." Sometimes it will work (Lamar Jackson) other times you'll get mauled (Patriots).

Even the Patriots have flushed that 3-4 philosophy. They just lineup the best way to match the personnel on the field. 4-3, 3-4, nickel, whatever. That's what every team should do. With that said, I don't think that teams should target the old "front seven" players for base defenses.

If you're looking at a corner, the only real debates are if they are more zone or press-man, and if they're outside or more of a slot corner. You need to run both at various times.

If you're looking at a safety, you probably want two players with more of a free safety skill set and other safeties that have the hybridized SS/LB role.

Aside from that, your other positions should be pass rusher, defensive tackle, and linebacker.

Find guys who can do that job (the Chiefs don't have nearly enough), and then put them in a position to succeed by having some dynamism with your game plan and adjustments.

If you want to send a wacky blitz every so often to **** with the QB then do it, but don't rely on it. If you want to force the QB to make accurate throws up the seam, then play zone, but don't be completely dependent upon it.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0