View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 10:42 AM   #13
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I know this is what the league thinks. I get it.

But young coaches, especially the superstars, those ****ers are grinders man. They are 1,000 mph and they will kill themselves to get a shot at the big chair. They are so often out there providing the energy and the shot in the arm that an organization needs.

If I am looking for a "Head Coach of the Defense" then the EXACT guy I'm looking for is the hungry up and comer that will have the fire and energy and straight up hunger to go put forward the 100 hours that he needs to learn and create.

Not Romeo ****ing Crennel or Gunther or some other recycled old guy who thinks he has the answers already.

There's ample cause to flip that entire paradigm on its head and say that if you're looking for someone to turn the keys over to, the young guy is the way you SHOULD go.
Maybe Reid just didn't want to take the risk? Let's say with Spagnuolo (already annoying typing this clown's name) the average outcome with low variance is we go from 32nd to 25th in defense. That's probably enough to get us to the Super Bowl.

Whereas with one of these exciting young guys, our average outcome could be similar but with much higher variability. What if the guy totally didn't work and our defense actually regressed and we didn't even make Divisional Round because of it?

I guess if I thought we were really far away from a Super Bowl, I'd be much more inclined to take the risk of one of these young guys. But Reid presumably knows exactly what he's getting with Spagnuolo which isn't a bad thing when we're this close. Add to that the fact that Reid probably wants to take a very hands-off approach with the defense and needs an adult in that role.

Not saying I like the decision, but I understand it. There are so many factors that are going to determine whether this is a successful hire or not, so I'm not inclined to have too strong of an opinion at this point one way or the other.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0