View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #97
Baby Cry Cry

Asked some Jets fans (ones who are literate and not actual reeruns) for their takes on Ryan, they think he’d be a very good fit. Here’s what one said, some good shit here:

“He was fantastic as the DC in Baltimore. I watched him his whole tenure with the Ravens. He had fantastic talent, certainly, but also got the absolute most out of it. I think they were like fifth or better in total defense every year with him. He's super aggressive, likes safeties that can play in the box, and plays a base 3-4 that operates more like a 4-3. He just has an LB with his hand in the dirt. With the aggressive blitzing, he relies on the CBs to play a lot of man. It's why Revis became such a sensation--he was always on his own with no help, with the safety either playing center field, in the box, or shading to the other side of the field.

As a head coach, he sucked. I mean, that guy was absolutely loved by his players. They would literally run through walls for him. He is a really unique motivator and will squeeze every last bit of talent out of his guys. However--he is a horrible game manager. He had no concept of what to do within two minutes or how to manage the clock in general. He burned an insane amount of unnecessary timeouts. He was the worst person I had ever seen at challenging calls; like, he'd challenge things that, had they been overturned successfully, would have made it third-and-8 instead of third-and-six. Just nonsense stuff. His teams were also pretty undisciplined. He was a "players coach" and his players probably took advantage of it.

Anyway, as a DC I think he could still be great. He's twice the mind of Rob, his more stupid, never-really-successful brother. I think Rex has been away from the spotlight for long enough to let the "circus" stuff subside...the tattoo, the foot thing, generally anything involving his wife, whatever. He could be a great DC. If he hadn't already come and gone from NYJ, I'd totally bring him in.“
St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.