View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx View Post
Huh? What was the "lots wrong'? Squadron 42 is going to be an FPS that is mostly ground based with some flying. It's also going to be payable offline.

Star Citizen will be MMORPG that is mostly space based but still have FPS elements even you land in areas that are sketchy such as the drug lab or ares that are not patrolled.

I'm pretty sure that I stated there will be some FPS things going on within star citizen. For example... the video i posted showing PVP taking place at the drug lab. But, none of that is going on at Port Olisar because it is an armistice area.
There is space based and ground based gameplay in both games. I have no idea why you think Squadron 42 is mostly ground based. A good portion of the game is based out of a capital ship carrier. Or why you think Star Citizen will be mostly space based. There are huge (and I mean ****ing massive) planets and moons in the alpha build right now that you can fly to and explore. Though being alpha, the content to be found at these locations is limited.

There should be plenty of FPS ground stuff and spaceship flying stuff in both games. There will be PvP, and it might be everywhere, with no armistice areas. It might go through quite a few changes before they get it where they want it.

Squadron 42 is a single player game. It is not "also going to be playable offline." It is ONLY going to be playable offline. It will have a campaign story.

Star Citizen will ONLY be playable online. And it is the persistent universe, with missions that will vary wildly depending on what you feel like doing. In Star Citizen, there will be some loose profession types that missions will be based around, for example, cargo hauling, exploration, mining, salvaging, smuggling, piracy, military, etc. But you aren't locked into any one profession, so you can do whatever you feel like and have the equipment to deal with.

Last edited by Beef Supreme; 11-26-2018 at 05:35 PM..
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.