Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 01:07 AM   #1987
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Good advice, thanks. I am not a regular shooter, but maybe hopefully that will change in 2019...

If I were to go with a Glock as a novice shooter, what round would you recommend? Good ol' 9mm, or something with a little more oomph?
I personally have a Glock 22, which is a full-sized .40 caliber. It's a police trade-in that I got a deal on. However, as BDj23 said, 9mm is fine. Nothing smaller than that, though.

40 cal. isn't a good round in polymer guns if you're planning to put a lot of rounds through them, as most 40s have frames that are designed for 9mm, and since 40s are snappier rounds, they will wear out faster. But again, this is a problem for somebody who shoots a lot, not somebody who dabbles.

That being said, get a Glock 19. It's a compact 9mm. Perfect for carry or home defense, reliable out of the box, excellent magazine capacity (15 rounds), easy to shoot, break down and reassemble. Accessories readily available due to its popularity. Great gun for a novice. I got a Gen 5 with night sights over the summer for around $600.

The only reason I don't keep this in my nightstand is there's no reason to replace the other Glock. Also, I keep a light on the one in my nightstand, while I carry the 19.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote