View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 07:42 PM   #399
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultamine View Post
I have always been impressed at how tightly and correctly false starts or offsides are called (except for lining up in the neutral zone which is generally overlooked when its the offensive player.) That makes the non-calls against the Rams right tackle even more egregious and whatever the 'truth' is, it does not pass the smell test. I called the last false start out even before the ball hit Goff's hands, and then turned my hoarse lamentations to the choke hold on Ford, all to no avail. Still a great game, of course, but put an asterisk next to it like so many other Chiefs losses involving mysterious bad calls or non-calls. Win by 20 next time, boys, or prepare to be disappointed.

Tilting games does not have to be an open conspiracy, and I believe for the most part it remains unspoken of except in the most oblique manner. Imagine a narrative for this game, "We would like you to be part of this special crew to go into LA and officiate. The area has been through so much with the shooting and wildfires and the Rams are trying to regain their footing as well, so if you have any concerns about going in there we understand, its a completely voluntary assignment." And it really does not even need that much discussion. As others have mentioned, referees can read between the story lines (and some are clearly more literate than others!) and know the ultimate goal of the NFL (hereafter to be referred to as the National Financial League) is making money. They can figure out how to call the game from there. No smoking guns are likely to be found, and certainly no referee in their right mind, except maybe at death's door, is going to confess.

Yo Jackson County and greater KC metropolitan area denizens, although I reveled when voters rejected the massive public expenditure for a roof at Arrowhead, such public insolence towards the NFL does not help the Chiefs get elevated to one of the favored teams when it comes to being on the right side of tilted games. Maybe ditch the arrowhead logo and adopt Goodell's image instead and see how fortune may smile upon the Chiefs, then, ha!
Good first post. And yes, the officials are probably well aware of the NFL's #1 priority. Nobody should fool themselves, the NFL has NPC teams, and we're one of them. And the owner of this NPC team doesn't care, he makes the same guaranteed coin that the other non-NPC owners make. And winning a SB isn't pri-1 for him.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.