View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 07:29 PM   #71
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
I don't really like when things like this become some referendum on spanking.

Anything can be taken too far. You can never lay a hand on your kids and discipline them only verbally and do MORE damage if you're reckless or irresponsible.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
On top of that, i'd always like to ask these same people if they felt that getting whipped by a switch was the only way they could've learned.

They're essentially saying, "Yup, you had to beat my ass black and blue with a switch for me to figure it out..."

I have a very hard time believing that you genuinely felt that way as a child.

You're now looking back at your childhood as an adult going, "Hey, that happened to me and Im an Ok person, so i guess it was no big deal and maybe even great that it happened!".
You're starting to sound awful preachy here

Theres no need to drag everyone with varying experiences from various eras, into some debate about who holds the high ground on this issue

Is it right or wrong, should it be tolerated in modern society? all I can say is that dishing it out didnt suit me... but its also probably not my place to tell someone else how to parent, provided they're not leaving scabby welts on a 4 year old
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.