View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 01:39 PM   #111
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Berry didn't have a heel issue before the contract dude,
He most certainly did...he's had it for years. Go back and read some training camp threads from before his cancer. I believe he's had issues since he was at Tennessee.

Berry might be your favorite player...but dont let that cloud the reality of how this deal went down.

EB didnt like the idea of taking an insurance policy out in case of complications...and played it up into a distraction. I believe his agent was partially to blame for this angle....he saw it as an opportunity to cash in on the cancer survior story. It was a fair request from JD considering the magnitude of the contract...

Dorsey didnt draft Berry...so he had no skin in the game. I dont think he even wanted to resign him...but there was pressure from Chunt and the PR angle. I think AR was concerned about the LR temperature too. EB knew this and cut him out of the negotiation loop.

Once an owner lets a player usurp the contract control of a GM...there is no repairing it.

Last edited by BlackOp; 11-19-2018 at 01:59 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote