Thread: Music What are you spinning?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #311
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Sorry gents, but I'm not accepting a browbeating here

All art is rightfully in the mind of the beholder, and for many of us... maybe we're just not feeling the same magic from this new era of music, across several genres

I'm still waiting for the next truly dangerous rock n roll band

If GN'R or Nirvana came about today, neither would be regarded as 'dangerous'; Rock n roll itself is no longer considered dangerous. No one buys albums anymore, or even mp3s, and at 30% of a cent per Pandora stream, the 'next, most dangerous band' couldn't make bail for the early offenses at those wages, and that was that.

no, seriously...major labels shy away from the "actually dangerous with something to say" and are drawn to the more stable/consistent behavior of "pretending to be dangerous with nothing to say" (Godsmack/Nickleback/Volbeat/FFDP/etc).

They hate bands who are volatile and who may either self implode or cause a riot, seemingly at the flip of the coin..

Those days are over. But dangerous or not, those two bands had great songs and made great albums.

There are still bands who have great songs and make great albums. I listed a few above.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.