View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 10:27 AM   #12634
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I started noticing an unpleasant rubber/sponge/gummy texture in the chicken breasts I was getting from the store a few years ago. It didn't matter how I cooked them, even sous vide to ideal internal temp and I would still wind up with that weird texture. I read about something called "woody breasts" in chickens grown too large for breast meat as a potential cause. I started buying organic chicken breasts or smaller whole chickens and they don't seem to have that issue.
I moved to using boneless thighs instead boneless breasts a few years ago for those reasons.

Butterflying the breast and pounding it out helps but not much. The thigh is the superior meat IMO anyway. Better flavor, takes on flavor better, and extremely hard to **** up.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.