View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 04:40 PM   #1833
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
It was a "get 7 yards closer for a FG" playcall. I don't mind it, but it cuts down half the field.

He's gotta throw it quick and if it's not there just sail it over everyone and let Butker kick it. However, like you said, he's a playmaker. I just don't think that's in his DNA, but he's gonna have to do it because in January in Foxboro (lets face it, were gonna have to end up going there) that could be the difference in a 42 yarder and a 53 yarder.
Yeah, it was clearly a FG range play.

The problem was that it was a bad time to have him rolling left. You're up 16 and I don't have a problem with a cautious play but for the love of god, don't do ANYTHING that might expose the guy to a bigger hit. When a QB is rolling left he'll have to do that hop/turn thing to get his shoulders around and throw it away. You could see him processing how he was going to get that ball out of bounds and quickly realizing that he was going to get blown apart if he tried.

My problem isn't that the play failed, it's that the upside on the play was nominal to begin with and it was dangerous to the long-term well being of our quarterback. If you're going to run a play with that degree of difficulty that also exposes your QB to an increased risk of being hit, don't do it there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.