View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 11:44 AM   #397
What time is it?

Let the flaming of me continue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
First of all Mark you said it didn't make you PC and I was just stating that it does, not whether it was right or wrong.
Where did I say that it didn't make me PC? Must've missed that.

Quote:
Secondly very few people (I seriously doubt any on this BB) ever saw their families sit in the back of the bus or be restricted from drinking at certain water fountains.
Actually, considering that it was only 40 years ago that stuff like that was happening, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people still around that remember that. Maybe not on this BBs considering that a vast majority on here are white men, but there are still plenty of people left who can remember it.

Quote:
Thirdly, I got in little trouble when I was younger and spent some time behind bars. I seriously doubt there are many on this BB that have ever experienced racism on that level. Whitey behind bars means listening to racial slurs every day along with comments about your family, girl, whatever.
Then I guess you should've had thicker skin, right? I mean, it shouldn't matter what someone calls you--you should just ignore it.

Quote:
Lastly, Whites these days are putting up with racism on a daily basis as much or more than anyone. From not getting jobs or being accepted in schools because of our skin color to whitey jokes on TV. It's all PC now and I guess it's all what us crackers deserve. But don't you dare be whitey and say anything about anyone else. Excuse me if I don't accept that.
You're kidding me, right? How many TV shows on national networks feature whites as the main or only characters (i.e. Friends)? Most. How many coaches in the NFL and MLB (the two biggest sports), are white? A HUGE majority. How many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are white? Almost all of them.

I agree that affirmative action (job quotas, school quotas, etc.) are ridiculous and should be done away with. But a white guy trying to play the victim is way off IMHO.

I do wonder, why all of the white backlash lately? Seriously ... in the last 40 years minorities have made great strides, and now that they're finally getting some power, the white male is suddenly the victim? Why is that? Do some of you feel threatened? Is it that now that the tables are turned you see the problems with racism and exclusion and don't like it? Is it that now that you're the target of jokes and being treated differently that it's not okay anymore? Or is it simply the double standard?

Seriously ... I'm curious to know why all of the back lash.

MM
~~
Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.