View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 11:28 AM   #394
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M
So, because he named himself T aco it's okay for people to use racial slurs? Sorry, but I disagree. I also disagree with the way TJ has handled it, but that doesn't give everyone a right to do it in the first place, IMHO.

As far as people calling you whitey or cracker, it's just a bit different IMHO. Whites haven't spent hundreds of years watching their relatives be lynched, watching them not get jobs, watching them have to use different water fountains, etc. just because of their skin color. Once again, why is it always the white folks that discuss having thicker skin? Because in most cases they haven't experienced the ugliness of racism--at least not on the same level.

As far as me being PC--yes, I am. And that's my choice. If you see that as wrong, that's your choice. IMHO, I have no right to tell another group of people what they should or shouldn't be called. Personally, "Human" would be a good choice. But as I posted to raiderhader, until racism is wiped out, groups will continue to find ways to identify themselves in ways that they see fit. It's not up to me to tell them how to do so.

MM
~~
First of all Mark you said it didn't make you PC and I was just stating that it does, not whether it was right or wrong.

Secondly very few people (I seriously doubt any on this BB) ever saw their families sit in the back of the bus or be restricted from drinking at certain water fountains.

Thirdly, I got in little trouble when I was younger and spent some time behind bars. I seriously doubt there are many on this BB that have ever experienced racism on that level. Whitey behind bars means listening to racial slurs every day along with comments about your family, girl, whatever.

Lastly, Whites these days are putting up with racism on a daily basis as much or more than anyone. From not getting jobs or being accepted in schools because of our skin color to whitey jokes on TV. It's all PC now and I guess it's all what us crackers deserve. But don't you dare be whitey and say anything about anyone else. Excuse me if I don't accept that.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.