View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #28
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I hope I'm not being nit picky here but do you mean "trail" instead "trial". I would usually assume it's a misspelling but given the date...
No. I had a trial set to start 9/11. Because of that, I stayed late on 9/10 and saw the bear.

Interestingly, throughout Rural Alaska, jurors are flown in for jury duty. AK is 4hours behind East Coast so the planes hit about 5 something AK time. The no fly order came a bit after that and so we couldn’t get jurors that week. So the trial got moved.

Jurors are flown in because you have a right to a representative sampling of the jury pool area. Villages in Alaska are demographically different from hub cities like Bethel and Nome and there are very few roads in that part of the state so they fly the jurors in.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote