View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 12:24 PM   #24
Veteran

We have a cabin in the San Bernardino Mountains in the most isolated mountain community in Southern California. It's at about 7,000 feet. I personally haven't seen anything outside of Coyote's and Mule Deer, but Bear and Mountain Lion are abundant. I don't live there full time, but neighbors and friends see Mountain Lion and Bear frequently. Bear like to get into trash, bird feeders etc. I've seen the aftermath, they really tear shit up.

Camping at 7k in the Las Padres National Forest in April (early 1990's), completely clueless and unprepared. Primitive Campground with about 5 or 6 spots. Complete Wilderness. It was freezing and we didn't have the proper gear. Needless to say that was a rough night. In the morning the VW Bus we drove was dead. Being on top of a Mountain, luckily, it was easy to roll it down the hill and pop the clutch. I know how to camp now, but that was actually a dangerous situation.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.