Thread: Cardinals 2018 STL Cardinals Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:25 AM   #3858
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
1) They passed up Donaldson for nothing but salary, and he's hit .280/.404/.511 this month. Maybe that would be an improvement over Gyorko's .227/.333/.273. Just maybe.
I've posted on here so many times that I've lost count that Gyrko sucks and I wanted him gone. You and DJ were telling me Gryko was a great hitter. Now you want him gone? Or am I confused about your opinion and it was all DJ?
Quote:
2) They traded Pham at the nadir of his value, and in the second half, he has a wRC of 171, including 205 this month. Basically, since going to Tampa, Pham has been the third best hitter in baseball. I ****ing told you guys.... But hey, gotta keep running Dexter Fowler out there to keep losing you games and then stuff an oaf like Martinez in RF once the $80 million albatross blows a tire.
Pham has had these runs when he plays like an All-Star. He always returns to his norm. JAG. Now a 30+ year old JAG. He is what he is at this point.
You also leave out why he was traded, the crowded outfield and giving a chance for Bader to play. Bader has a 2+ WAR just for his defense. This team needs his defense badly.
Quote:
3) They overvalued their glut of average arms in the minors and wouldn't package them to get Yelich, instead getting Ozuna, and there is a five win difference between those players (along with years of additional control for the former)..
I think the young pitchers just got tired. Most pitched past the standard innings increase of 20% yearly.

Every report, every one from every source says Yelich wasn't available. Were the Cardinals supposed to sit on their hands and then wait, wait some more until he maybe becomes available? They shouldn't have waited. The Cardinals "wait" too long way too many times. They need to be more aggressive in the off season. I'm not faulting them for not waiting.

Also, I heard Rosenthal on a MLB tv panel discussing if the Cardinals could have done more at the trade deadline. He said if they had waited it would have took, Flaherty, Bader, O'neil and Alacantra. Thats a damn steep price.

Quote:
4) Their hand-picked manager couldn't realize that luck was catching up to Norris, who blew the first two games of the month in spectacular, yet obvious fashion.
That is a fault of all managers. This is "their" guy and they stick with them. Maddon who was a hero as late as last year to Cub fans are now calling for a new manager because of this tendency.
Quote:
5) Their "fixes" were papering over drywall holes using bullshit as an adhesive.
I agree. They should have done more at the deadline but lets be real, none of the moves would have made a difference for us in beating the Brewers in a NLDCS. There is just too much of a gap in talent
Quote:
Oh, and they might have just given the Yankees a first baseman for the next half decade for Chasen Shreve and Giovanny Gallegos.
****ing idiots.
WTF? Now Voit is an All-Star? GTFO
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.