View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 09:35 PM   #13
Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
This defense needs a complete rebuild. That's still too much.

Not only is he not himself and on the backside of a severe injury, he's almost 30 years old. Good teams don't keep players like him.
I think at this point, in my opinion, keep Houston for 2019, let Ford go, and draft a OLB or find one on the FA. Then in 2020, that will depends how Houston performs in 2019. If he performs well in 2019, then keep him on until 2020 (to buy you some more time to find his replacement(s))

While Houston isn't the premier pass rusher like he used to be, he's not worthless by any means of the imagination. Also, he's better rounded OLB than Ford is, and Ford is only a one trick pony.

And this is just an assumption. But if Houston, for all intents and purposes, does look done, then I could see the Chiefs extending Ford, and designate Houston as a post 6/1.

The only scenario I could see that Houston and Ford being gone is if there is a new DC and new defensive scheme.

Last edited by Coach; 09-21-2018 at 09:40 PM..
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.