View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #248
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
They drafted Speaks with the mindset that he would replace Dee Ford or Justin Houston in 2019 and provide quality depth this year instead of relying on Frank Zombo.

I like that philosophy, but I was not a big fan of Speaks from the moment we drafted him.

I do like Nnandi. Getting a quality NT/DE with at least some past success as a rusher (high school) in rd 3 is exactly what you want IMO.

O’Daniel and Watts will play soon, but you simply can’t expect a 4th rd pick and the last pick of the 3rd rd to be ready to play immediately. It just won’t happen very often for any team.

It’s not like we were the Broncos and had 2 picks in the top 40 overall. We had to move up to the mid 2nd before to even get one of the talented players left that they thought could get on the field this year.

But again, I’m gong to be honest. Speaks has not looked good. The guy fell on his face on back-to-back plays which is a direct indictment on Veach, especially when he says the guy is never on the ground.
It's easy to say that we can't expect 3rd and 4th round picks to play right away but when the vast majority of our 1st and 2nd round don't play right away either, something has to give.

At some point, they have to get some instant return out of the draft, regardless of round, or this defense is not going to improve.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.