View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #218
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Here’s the thing: the corner market was not very good last Spring. Kyle Fuller is not very good (thank God we didn’t get him), Trumaine Johnson apparently has character concerns which means we would have sold a corner with character concerns to turn around and buy another problem player at the same position?

I actually agree with the philosophy Veach employed this year.

-pass rush is the most important piece to a defense. Broncos, Jags and Eagles defenses were so good bc they had a great pass rush with quality depth to rotate players and stay fresh. Veach mentioned this specifically.
-best way to slow down an elite offense is to keep them off the field. Running the ball is the best way to do that and control the clock.
-we need speed in the middle of the field with sure tackling. O’Daniel looked like a great prospect to fix that problem.

So far only Nnandi has been a good player, but it’s still early. I don’t think many, if any, 3rd rd rookies are seeing the field much.

I think we’ll see more of them in the 2nd half of the season.
If pass rush was so important, why did he spend the first two picks on a run stuffer and nickel linebacker?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.