View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #7
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Don't ****ing care. Not this season, anyway.

I'm tired of going full wuss as an offense so we can secure gritty hard-fought regular season wins.

If we make the playoffs, we finally have a ****ing chance in a playoff game because we've got a real goddamn ****ing QB. That's what matters.

If we come up short, then who cares. It's Mahomes' first year as a starter. We're playing with house money.
Yes and no.

In hockey I've always heard the axiom 'A championship team will knock on the door before they kick it in...'

I think it applies in most sports, really. If the Chiefs are going to win a Super Bowl - I mean actually win the damn thing - I think I want to see them go win a home playoff game first. It may not hold up to scrutiny, but the "Eagles Model" of coming out of nowhere and just winning all of the sudden seems pretty uncommon to me. For a lot of teams, they first experience some success and come up just a bit short. They learn from it and then blow past it the following year.

"House money" is maybe a little strong - I'd like to see them shake that '1 and done' tag a little better this season and situate themselves for a nice little 3-4 year run where they enter the season hungry and as prohibitive favorites.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.