View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 06:59 AM   #42
In BB I trust

I also hate Maine. It's a popular vacation get-away destination but:

1. Most of it is too damn flat and boring. Driving to Acadia National Forest is a six hour drive through the exact same boring-ass, flat slightly windy, heavily treed, completely flat ****ing highway. It's like what I imagine the worst parts of Iowa or Kansas are like but instead of corn, it's just ****ing endless trees.

2. It's boring. Sure, if you want to go somewhere and do literally NOTHING, it's great. But if you want to do ANYTHING, you're pretty well ****ed.

You want relaxing and slow, but with some options, go to freaking New Hampshire. Maine is Portland (great for a 3 day weekend, like once, but then you're out of things to do), with a desert wasteland around it, but instead of sand, it's just flat, boring ass trees.

Bah Hahbah (Bar Harbor) isn't bad -- for like an extended weekend -- but the six hour drive through TreeHell is a pretty high price for a New England town atmosphere with extra tourist trap fixings. I can go nearly anywhere along the shore to get that, without driving so far and without the side order of massive tourist trap.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.