View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 04:51 PM   #179
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Ok but as stated in the article Marcellus just posted he changed his scheme to blitz more instead of sitting back and getting carved up.
I understand that but the simple fact is that the defense made plays out in both scenarios. They also had major whiffs in both scenarios. It's all on the players. For example, they weren't blitzing at the beginning of the game, they were actually executing and making plays. I wonder if the beginning of games are "scripted"?

Quote:
And I totally agree with this part of that article. If you are going to be a shitty D at least go down trying.
I just don't agree, sorry. They're 2-0. Swinging for the fences is a baseball term. Giving up a 70-yard TD in 10 seconds would have lost the game yesterday. One of LA's drives took 8 minutes. It took them so long to score, there wasn't any time left to actually contend for the win. That actually counts for something.

Quote:
Reid also said in his PC today that Watts and Smith have gotten quite a few reps but it doesn't sound like they are ready to give them more right now. Shit I remember when we were a SB contender and Marty started rookies Jerome Woods and Reggie Tongue and let them learn on the job. They need to do that with these guys.
Absolutely agree there. I'm just not that confident that the guys they've drafted are any good. Too many defensive busts over the last 4-5 years for me to be confident that they will help but we'll see.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.