View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #14945
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Well I think many of them knew Mahomes had the far higher ceiling, but Trubisky was viewed as the safe pick that would most likely keep their jobs IMO...

Problem is, they even traded up to ensure that they would get him. One freaking spot.

I don’t even really like using the excuse that the Bears and Bills didn’t have Andy Reid to develop him, which is a common reason heard for why they took the ‘safe’ pick. If you don’t have the coaches to get the best out of Mahomes, then ****ing find someone who will (i.e. Rams 2017)...

It’s early but Chicago looks quite foolish.
Funny thing is the Bears ended up with Matt Nagy, who was thrilled to have Mahomes on the Chiefs roster. With John Fox, Trubisky was doomed to be a bust. I think Nagy can turn him into a good game manager. So you are right, they easily could have drafted Mahomes and replaced Fox with Nagy.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.