View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #14228
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
I never said Mahomes can't or won't improve. Just saying he wasn't very efficient this game. I believe he will come to be more efficient. And as much as we all love him always looking for the deep play, sometimes he does need to check it down. Sometimes he does need to just hit Kelce for the 5-10 yard gains. Sometimes, he shouldn't stretch plays out trying to get the home run. Like at the end of the half yesterday, he shouldnt have rolled out all the way to the right to theow into the end zone. That wasted precious seconds that could have helped us get into field goal position and put more points up on the board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Might be a problem of small sample size. We didn't have many offensive drives. Between tyreeks punt return td, the desperation play at the end of the first half, and Andy Reid running Reid ball to protect the lead... Mahomes didn't get a ton of snaps. Doubt anyone outside of kc realizes how much that impacts his passing totals. The second and third quarter are really the best snapshot of if mahomes can manage a game. And I thought he did that superbly. People may point to the highlight reel tyreek hill throw. But to me piecing together back to back brilliantly efficient 11 play drives given the heat won us the game. Think it should be noted that mahomes had a few very long drives in the preseason too. That's a part of his game I don't know many of us may have expected this time last year.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.