View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #838
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Just got off the phone with DirecTV, same routine as last year. Noticed the charges had started for Sunday Ticket last month. I've had it for 10 years. Called and played dumb. Asked if Red Zone was included in my Sunday Ticket package. Knew it wasn't, because I had the regular package instead of the max package. When the rep told me it wasn't, I told him I had already paid $100 this year for NFL Game Pass (a lie) and that I didn't need them both. Told him if Red Zone was an additional charge, just to cancel the entire Sunday Ticket package and credit my bill for the 2 months that I had already paid for. Went through the usual song and dance, but remained nice and didn't budge.

He transferred me to his supervisor in the US and she told me that since I had been with them so long, she would offer me a "loyalty discount" of $40 off my monthly bill for the next 12 months. She also said that she would add HBO for free for 6 months. I asked if I had to cancel HBO at the end of 6 months or start getting charged for it and she said no, it would just drop off at the end of 6 months if I didn't add it. I told her good job, and to change my package to Sunday Ticket Max for this season.

So I'm paying $65/mo for Sunday Ticket Max, instead of $48 for regular Sunday Ticket. Once everything is said and done, I'm getting Sunday Ticket Max for $25/mo for 6 months, HBO free for 6 months, and $40/month savings off my bill for the 6 months after the season ends. Works every time, although last year I got ST Max for the price of ST Regular and got $60/mo off my bill for a year.
You ARE a silver tongued devil my friend. Congrats.
3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.