Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #30016
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
I'll be honest - I can't reasonably explain the scheduling oddity. But, I also can't reasonably explain why the league through good and bad seasons would purposefully prop up any one single team.

Why - why would the league do that, for Denver?
My guess would be "follow the money".

The mob started the NFL for gambling purposes...how many people really know (or knew) about the altitude advantage? It would be financially beneficial to know that a physical disadvantage exists for visiting teams...especially during the first month.

85% win rate on the first two home games is a pretty solid bet...

I would wager that this is directly connected to why, even the when Donks had bad teams, they rarely finished below 8-8. They haven't has back to back losing seasons since 1971.

Last edited by BlackOp; 09-05-2018 at 10:43 AM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.