View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 07:32 PM   #4380
Supporter

Alright wrench monkeys. Tell me WTF happened here. Dad has a 300 Ford on one of his irrigation wells and was losing electricity somewhere. It ended up being the cap but who the **** cares.

So it was missing hard and dad proceeds to pull the coil wire out of the cap and make it arc to the connector in the cap. Motor lines out and runs fine. So we set out after parts and I ask him what the actual **** happened there? He said, “I don’t know the science but dad (my grandpa) always said if you have a weak connection somewhere pull the wire and make it arc and it will amplify it and make it run.”

Is he feeding me full of shit? I’d think that’s backassward if I didn’t see it with my own two eyes.

I think it’s right because he bypassed the resistor and made it run better (more bolts to the coil)

Has anyone ever heard of this?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.