View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 03:50 AM   #3143
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...215490520.html

Interesting article on Bubba Starling and potential lack of motivation.
Interesting, but I disagree with Quirk on pretty much every aspect.

There's no upside in KC cutting ties. They've invested so much already... Might as well hang on until he quits baseball. His tools and defense are such that there's risk in moving on (slim as the chances of it being a real risk are). Would be brutal to cut ties and then have him make some sort of MLB contribution.

I also don't think questioning his work ethic or how much he wants to succeed is fair. Starling works hard. He just can't recognize pitches. That's a skill, not necessarily something that can be learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Before we get too carried away expecting too big of a return on Moose, apparently the Braves view him as a platoon or bench player.

I don't expect a huge return, but they'll get something worthwhile back if there are really 9 teams interested/checking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Also, this guy exists.

What was planned: Having a great defense, an offense that made contact and could run the bases at a high level, having a pitching staff that played to the ballpark (fly ball pitchers).

The bullpen dominance was a little unplanned, but the formula was purposeful heading into 2014, and the formula was so successful everyone is now trying to emulate it.

To suggest a 3-year run where the team was so good was just blind luck shows a real stubbornness and willful ignorance on his part. And it's annoying.

It's no different, really, than the Giants formula in 2010, 2012, and 2014.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.